What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that a website places on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit the website. These cookies store information about your website visit. In some cases, the placing of cookies processes personal data. By using cookies, a website can recognize you on a subsequent visit to the website. This can be useful, for example, if you do not want to log in again and again when visiting the website.
Your permission is required for the use of certain cookies. No permission is required for the cookies we use. We do this by means of a so-called cookie banner.
The type of cookies and their objectives
We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: necessary cookies to make the website function properly. These cookies are therefore placed by default and will not be deleted if you do not accept the cookies.
- Analytical cookies: these ensure that a cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit a cookie is created, on subsequent visits the existing cookie is used. This cookie only serves statistical purposes. This allows the following data to be collected, such as:
- which pages you have viewed;
- how long you have stayed on a particular page;
- at which page you left the site.
- Site improvement cookies/ optimization cookies: this allows us to test different versions of a web page to see which page is visited best.
Your rights with regard to your data
You have the right to inspect, rectify, limit and delete personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. To prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, we ask you to send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find this in the settings of your browser.
Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself at any time via your internet browser browser. You can also set your internet browser so that you receive a message when a cookie is placed. You can also indicate that certain cookies may not be placed. For this feature, check out the help function of your browser browser. Deleting the cookies in your browser may have consequences for the pleasant use of this website.
New developments and unforeseen cookies
It is possible that cookies are placed via our website by others, of which we are not always aware. Do you encounter unforeseen cookies on our website that you cannot find in our overview? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the third party directly and ask which cookies they placed, what the reason is, what the lifespan of the cookie is and how they have guaranteed your privacy.
We will have to adjust these statements from time to time, for example when we adjust our website or change the rules regarding cookies. You can consult this webpage for the latest version.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.